Tuesday 5 March 2013

Beginnings

After months of preparing and days of farewells - the year ahead has begun!
Thank you so much to everyone who helped get things rolling - whether through your encouragement, advice or gifts - I was overwhelmed by the support I received heading off on this adventure.

A special thank you to the wonderful people who helped contribute to the funds raised for Indochina Starfish Foundation (ISF) - I'm looking forward to sharing with you how the money is spent at school. Over $1500 was raised for the foundation and a further $1500 will be donated to projects supporting women and children who are at risk/survivors of sexual trafficking here in Phnom Penh. 

Over $3000 was raised through generous donations - supporting vulnerable children and women at risk of sex trafficking in Cambodia and for new educational resources at the Indochina Starfish Foundation located in Phnom Penh

Thanks team for the send off

I'm hoping I can keep you updated on what's happening here in Cambodia - but it's my first attempt at blogging, so apologies if it's not up to  the standards of 'Tell Her She's Dreaming' or other champion bloggers! 

I'm hoping you've caught onto the idea behind my blog title - I do actually know how to spell and am aware this isn't quite right...but hopefully it will make sense to you in the coming months as I explore this road filled with all sorts of crazy twists, turns and adventures. 

xx Miranda


No comments:

Post a Comment